I’ve done a few of these and here are a few things we’ve found through testing different steps of the funnel
On a more tactical level, here are some other things that have consistently boosted response, particularly with colder traffic.
1) Put the form at the end. The curiosity about the results will carry them through.
2) Try putting the quiz after a more typical “lead magnet”. This will help get their attention. If you can hold their attention, they’ll consider the issue more important, and will give it more time. This is part of the overall 7-11-4 tactic that Daniel talks about, just get more quality content in front of the scorecard.
3) Minimize the questions you ask on the form. Unless you are in the happy position of having too many leads, you can ask these on the sales call. (Do you need the year established? )Anything that looks like a sales qualification will depress response.
4) Keep the flow going.
Have a call to action on the report page.Links to an appointment scheduler tool have worked OK, we’ve had great follow-through to webinars, even smaller purchases of the “product-for-prospects” size (e.g. books).
We also did away with the PDF’s and just put the full report details on the web page. Send them a permanent link to that page by email for reference, but keep them in the flow.
5) Pixel your visitors
If you’re getting people to your scorecard but they’re not responding, you probably haven’t built enough value yet. Don’t waste those clicks though. Develop some more content that links back to the scorecard and use the audience you’re building up to see if that content does a better job of convincing them to spend more time on your quiz.
6) You can break some or all of the rules above if you have a lot of contact points ahead of the scorecard, but most people don’t.
7) Talk to the self-interest of the individual, and create curiosity with the promise of self-discovery.
The projects that have got a stack of leads for us or our clients are all about the respondent, not their business.
Shouldn't you get paid for your thinking?
The Authority Agency Funnel sets up the relationship with your prospect and puts you in control of the sale.